Over the years, our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has gradually evolved from a traditional emphasis on philanthropy to a strategic focus on key stakeholders and innovation.
Since 1995, CDL has adopted our ethos of "Conserving as we Construct" and remodelled our operations to achieve a more balanced triple bottom line in financial, environmental and social performance.
2015 and onwards
- Only Singapore company to be listed on the Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World for six consecutive years, with an improved ranking to 34th place from 39th position in 2014
- Formalised corporate Climate Change Policy
- Increase use of productive green technologies such as PPVC and solar energy systems
- Raise tenants' environment commitment via the CDL Green Lease Partnership programme
- Heighten outreach activities to promote responsible consumerism and influence future buyers
- Enhance tracking of environmental performance and improve carbon disclosure for sustainability best practices
- Align CSR goals with key subsidiaries for greater access to eco-conscious markets, and to reflect synergised corporate branding and leadership
- Sustain and value add to efforts and investments in community and youth development
- To reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 16% below Business-As-Usual levels by 2020
- To achieve a minimum target of BCA Green Mark GoldPlus certification for all new developments
- To invest between 2 - 5% of the construction cost of new developments on green building design and features
- Achieved Guinness World Record for Largest Vertical Garden at Tree House condominium.
- Top Developer in Asia and Top Singapore Corporation in the inaugural Channel NewsAsia Sustainability Ranking.
- First developer in Asia to adopt the use of advanced construction technology, Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (PPVC), for a large-scale residential development, and likely the largest application of its kind in the world.
- Launched CDL Green Lease Partnership Programme for commercial tenants.
- First property developer to collaborate with an electricity retailer, Tuas Power, to develop a digital energy monitoring portal for commercial tenants.
- Celebrated 10th anniversary of CDL 5-Star EHS Awards with the introduction of Safe Worker Award, computers and free wi-fi for workers.
- Won the Excellence Award at the annual People's Association (PA) Community Spirit Awards 2013.
- First developer to receive the prestigious BCA Quality Excellence Award - Quality Champion (Platinum) and Construction Productivity Award - Advocates (Platinum).
- Private developer to receive the most number of awards at the BCA Awards 2013 (23 corporate and project awards, including five new Green Mark awards). To date, CDL has amassed a portfolio of 67 Green Mark awards, the highest number accorded to a private developer.
- First company outside of Europe to win the International Dilmun Environmental Award at the RoSPA Awards 2013, in addition to the RoSPA Gold Medal Award for Occupational Health and Safety (for the 8th consecutive year).
- Top ranked company in Singapore and Asia (excluding Japan) in the Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, improved ranking from 62nd position in 2012 to 52nd place this year.
- Listed as one of the top-scoring 15% of the 3,000 companies in the Dow Jones Global Total Stock Market Index across 58 sectors worldwide which underwent the RobecoSAM's Corporate Sustainability Assessment, leading it to be listed in the Sustainability Yearbook 2013.
- First listed company & developer in Singapore to publish a GRI checked Level A+ Sustainability Report.
- Private developer with the most number of BCA Green Mark Developments including the First Green Mark Platinum Landed Housing Estate in Singapore.
- Exceptional CSR Practice Award at the British Chamber of Commerce's 13th Annual Business Awards.
- Asia Pacific Green Builder of the Year Award at the 2012 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Green Excellence Awards.
- Became one of the five founding members of the Business Council for Sustainable Development (BCSD) Singapore.
- Issued Corporate Statement on Human Rights.
- Listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes - World & Asia Pacific.
- Inaugural BCA Green Mark Platinum Champion.
- Received the Distinguished Patron of the Arts Award from the National Arts Council Singapore.
- Established the Universal Design Policy to achieve objectives of creating an inclusive built environment.
- Listed on Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World.
- Launch of the first Carbon Neutral® development in Singapore & Asia Pacific.
- Alignment of CSR practices to ISO 26000:2010 Guidance on Social Responsibility and restructuring of CSR Committee to better address the recommended framework.
- Inaugural BCA Built Environment Leadership Platinum Award.
- Signatory of Southeast Asia's First Anti-Corruption & Compliance Declaration.
- Founding signatory of the "Pledge for Zero - A CEO Commitment Charter", a Ministry of Manpower initiative to establish zero injury workplaces.
- Signatory to the Employer's Pledge for Fair Employment with the Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices.
- Achieved ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System for Corporate Management and Operations for all functions at headquarters.
- Established a companywide CSR Committee.
- Published inaugural social and environmental report "Reaching Out".
- Pioneered the "1°C Up Campaign" in 11 CDL commercial buildings.
- Accorded from the Office of the President of the Republic of Singapore the President's Social Service Award and the President's Award for the Environment.
- Launch of the CDL Singapore Young Photographer Award.
- The first local MNC to win the Corporate Citizen Award by the National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre.
- The only Gold Award winner in the Property Developer category in Reader's Digest's Annual Consumer Brand Preference Award.
- Workplace Health and Safety Developer Award at the Ministry of Manpower Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Council's WSH Awards.
- One of the founding Singapore signatories of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact to lend support to the advancement of responsible corporate citizenship in Singapore and founding committee member of Singapore Compact for CSR.
- Presented with the Singapore Green Plan 2012 Award by the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources for leading the industry in good environmental practices.
- Launch of "Let's Live Green!" - an outreach programme for CDL homebuyers on green habits within their homes.
- First published a short CSR report within Annual Report.
- Established a formal Environment, Health and Safety Policy to monitor the environmental impact of our operations and improve workplace safety resulting in achieving OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Certification.
- Achieved ISO 14001:1996 Environmental Management Certification for commitment in raising environmental standards.
- Launch of the CDL Singapore Sculpture Award.
- Established a formal Risk Management Framework to assess, identify, evaluate, monitor and manage the Company's business risks.
- Pioneered Project Eco-Office outreach programme with Singapore Environment Council - an outreach programme which encourages officers to go green.
- Established CDL 5-Star EHS Assessment System to raise standards at construction worksites.
- Formed partnership with two local NGOs, Assisi Home & Hospice and Lions Befrienders
- Incorporation of CSR into CDL's vision and mission with international benchmarks and standards adopted.
- Established City Sunshine Club, an employee volunteer programme in 1999.
- CDL is established.
- Management approach to community efforts is largely philanthropic.
Read more about how we've been recognised for our sustainability achievements.
Commitment to Stakeholders
Building trust, credibility and respect amongst stakeholders is CDL's utmost priority and our mission statement is testament to the importance we place on our key stakeholder groups.
For years, we have been proactively engaging the community in CSR, and we are heartened to see increased interest and acceptance from our business peers, cognisant of the need to address more than just their financial performance.
In identifying stakeholders, we are guided not only by our Corporate Mission and our CSR objectives, but also by global standards for sustainable management. We also take into consideration the relevance of stakeholder groups to our core business.
CDL aspires to make a positive impact in the communities in which we operate. To do this, we embrace sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships that may be measured tangibly and intangibly.
Some of the ways we engage
- One-Stop Call Centre to serve as a single point of contact
- Customer-oriented publications (Green Living Kit) and events (TOP Welcome Party)
- Regular surveys amongst homebuyers and tenants for improvement of service levels
- Timely release of quarterly financial results
- Semi-annual financial results briefings for analysts and media
- Platforms for transparent reporting, benchmarking and development of standards, including engagement with ESG Research Houses and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- Employee Assistance Programme and a grievance platform
- Engagement sessions with senior management
- Strong emphasis on training and development
Contractors and Suppliers
- CDL 5-Star Environmental, Health and Safety Assessment System and Awards
- Regular engagement on-site with project managers
- Outreach programmes with a focus on arts, environment and youth
- Strategic partnerships with relevant industry bodies
- Regular dialogue with NGOs
- Philanthropy and City Sunshine Club staff volunteers