Climate Change PolicyShare
The threat of climate change is real. As Singapore’s property pioneer and leading green developer, CDL recognises the crucial role it has to play in mitigating the effects of climate change.
In line with our corporate social responsibility strategy and our commitment to "Conserve as We Construct" since 1995, we are dedicated to achieving low carbon operations with reduction targets set at 22% in 2020 and 25% in 2030.
Recognising that a sizeable proportion of our carbon footprint lies outside our business operations and direct control, we actively engage our supply chain and stakeholders to mitigate climate impact and to add value to the communities in which we operate.
At CDL, we are committed to not only minimising the environmental impact of our business operations, but also to changing mindsets and promoting environmental conservation amongst the community.
Our efforts to mitigate climate change include:
- Reducing energy consumption through energy-efficient fixtures, green building design and renewable energy adoption
- Adopting sustainable materials and methods to reduce material waste and the use of natural resources
- Tracking, reporting and managing all aspects of our sustainability performance in our core business
- Advocating responsible practices along our supply chain and amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Partnering industry players and policy makers to develop policies and innovations for sustainable building