CDL’S CSR STRATEGY
At CDL, building sustainability into our operations is integral to our strive towards business excellence and laying the foundation for long-term growth.
As a leading property developer in Singapore, we measure ourselves against the triple bottom line, taking into account our economic, environmental and social performance.
Since the 1990s, CSR has been the bedrock of our business philosophy and is integrated into our corporate commitments. It is our goal to be transparent and accountable to our stakeholders.
With a track record of 48 years, CDL has established a distinctive imprint on the Singapore cityscape.
OUR CORPORATE VISION
To maintain industry leadership in innovation, product quality, service standards, profitability and CSR.
To be a leader in business and a champion of CSR.
To be a responsible corporate citizen who believes in creating value for stakeholders, conducting sustainable business practices, caring for the community and protecting the environment.
COMMITMENT TO STAKEHOLDERS
As a responsible corporation, it is our goal to be transparent and accountable to our stakeholders who have an interest in our operations. These include:
To provide quality and innovative products, unsurpassed service and value for money.
To maintain profitability and achieve optimum returns for their investment.
To maximise their potential and care for their personal well-being and career development.
Contractors and Suppliers:
To select based on quality work and their ability to complement our commitment to environment, health and safety.
To serve the community we operate in so as to create a better place for all, especially caring for the less fortunate, enhancing youth development, promoting the arts and conserving the environment.
CDL'S CSR OBJECTIVES
- Raise awareness of CSR within and outside of the Company
- Achieve industry leadership position in CSR in Singapore
- Establish a business framework for sustainable management and innovation
Financial, Corporate Governance and Risk Management
- Maintain profitability and optimum returns for investors
- Ensure good corporate governance and sound risk management
- Create value for investors through financial and non-financial performance
- Ensure the maintenance of an internationally-based management system such as Singapore Quality Class for business excellence
- Improve employees’ competencies, maximise their potential for career development
- Create a work environment that supports a corporate culture of work-life harmony
- Improve employees’ health and well-being
- Achieve industry leadership position in Workplace Health and Work-life initiatives in Singapore
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Ensure the maintenance of an international management system for the environment
- Achieve industry leadership position in developing and maintaining green buildings in Singapore
- Achieve ISO 14001 targets at both corporate and operational levels
- Focus and reinforce on delivering quality and innovative products
- Focus and reinforce commitment on the development of green buildings
- Create products that are value for money
- Provide quality customer service
- Proactively engage contractors and suppliers on quality of work and commitment to EHS
- Serve and create a better living environment for the community
- Proactively engage the community through synergistic collaborations and sustainable CSR programmes